Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Boy & Physics


According to Webster's physics is:
1. a science that deals with matter and energy and their interactions 2a: the physical processes and phenomena of a particular system b: the physical properties and composition of something.

Personally, I prefer the simpler explanation extended to us by Wikipedia: the study of matter and its motion through spacetime and all that derives from these, such as energy and force.

It seems one of the few things I am able to  recall about physics is Sir Isaac Newton's Laws of Motion and Albert Einstein's Theory of Relativity. However, if ever ask for a detailed explanation I would be hard pressed to share specific details regarding either of these.

I am so perplexed by it all that it makes my head spin and I simply wonder how my offspring could actually think that the study of physics is actually easy and fun. Is he actually my child? In looking at him, there is no escaping that I am the one that gave birth to him a little more than 17 years ago; however, when it comes to the way his brain is wired and functions this little apple fell quite far from the tree.

For now, I guess I'll remain baffled and in awe of his personal gifts and abilities and I pray he continues to develop and use his gifts according to the plans God has for his life.

Yep, I guess you could say I'm one proud momma! I love you "boy-o-mine." <3

No comments:

Post a Comment